Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I love to write therefore I vow to blog.

This is my first blog!  I've been waiting to start a blog for years and why I started today I don't know, but here we go!  This blog will be mostly about adventures with my family as a wife and mother as well as ventures in my career(s) as an appraiser and photographer.

I've always loved to write.  Whether it be poetry, term papers, thesis statements, letters, or even appraisal reports, I truly love to put my thoughts into words on paper.  I used to write a lot more, but it seems in this day in age with all the texting, IMing, emailing . . . the art of true writing is slowly but surely becoming lost. 

I received a thank you letter from my friend the other day and was elated to see a real piece of mail, handwritten, with an actual pen!  How sad that this is such an unusual occurance anymore.  Mail in my world now consists of bills, magazines, and little red notification boxes on Facebook.  I have hundreds of stationary cards in my filing cabinet just waiting to be written on, stamped, and sent in the mail to a non-suspecting recipient who will, no doubt, be just as excited as I was to receive REAL mail.  So I've decided to write more.  As of today, whether it is writing in this blog, or sending REAL letters to my friends, I vow to put the pen to paper (or the fingers to a keyboard) more often and get back into the swing of doing what I love to do . . . WRITE.

No comments:

Post a Comment