Thursday, April 14, 2011

Stuart-isms

I am ashamed that I have not been keeping more of a record of the hilarious things Stuart says and does.  I take hundreds of photos, and make facebook posts about his most recent tricks of the day, but I'm going to attempt to make weekly updates to this blog to record his newest milestones and funnies. :)  They're just too darn cute not to keep track of and as hard as it is to believe now, I know one day I will forget these precious details if I don't start writing about them.

1) Stuart calls his Uncle Ryan, "ROAR."  Why?  Well, when going through animal noises, he makes a fantastic lion "roar."  And what do you know, Ryan rhymes perfectly with Lion.  So the first time we asked him to say, "Ryan," he proudly ROARED a triumphant "ROAR" and we all lost it, laughing hysterically.  In an effort to keep us entertained, Uncle Ryan is now known simply as "ROAR" to Stuart.  And he knows he is funny each time he does it :)
2) Yesterday while changing Stuart's diaper, he looked at me and out of no where said, "pretty mamma." And then reached out to hug me.  *HEART MELTS!*
3) Whenever Stuart hears a noise such as a lawnmower, weed eater, leaf blower, air plane, loud truck, etc., he makes a HILARIOUS face like this (sometimes he even puts his hands on his cheeks to make it more dramatic):

4) Stuart suddenly knows how to count to TWENTY.  He says "one, two, one, two"and never seems to remember that 3 comes next.  But after I help him with three, he goes on "four, ive, ix, even, eight, nine, ten, e-even, welve, irteen" and all the -teens sounds pretty much the same, but he does it, and all by himself!  I'm floored every time.
5) Stuart says "coo coo" for thank you.  :)
6) I read Stuart a slew of books every night before bed.  We have been really looking closely at the pictures lately and pointing out the details like trees, birds, bushes, etc.  On our walks this week, he's been pointing out every thing we've been talking about in the books.  He now points to trees and says, "tree!"  When he sees a bird he says, "birdies!  Tweet tweet!" And he even pointed out a bush the other day.  It is so amazing what these little people absorb.
7) Stuart is such a cuddle bug.  Although we never co-slept, Randy and I are both big snugglers and Stuart has definitely picked this up from us.  Stuart is ALWAYS wanting to cuddle.  Sometimes in the middle of the day he'll grab his blankie, walk up to me, reach his arms up and say, "uggle, momma?"  When I pick him up, he nuzzles into me, sucks his thumb, and smiles a sweet, satisfied smile.  It's one of the best feelings in the whole world.  I hope he stays a cuddle bug forever.
8) His vocabulary is growing each day.  My favorite word now is "motorcycle."  It's a tough one to say, so basically he just says, "o-goo-ah-cool!" At least he has all the syllables!

That's all for now :) 



2 comments:

  1. LOL My neice calls my little brother Roar! That is soo funny that you say that! But she calls him Roar because he is always soo loud (kinda like a dinosaur!) Abram just calls him Seth which is his name! lol

    Wow to 20?? I thought Abe was awesome for counting to 6! lol Way to go Stuart! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stuart is so stinkin' cute!!

    ReplyDelete